Monday, January 26, 2015

Currently

HI! Welcome to Currently! This post series is a great place to share what we are up to and share your post through the link up below. We can make new friends & encourage each other in this thing we call "Life". Please join me! 

This is my second week hosting this Currently link up, please join me this week or next or the week after, or any time you can join in, I would Love to hear from you!

Thinking about...My son's room project... we are ALMOST done. Sunday night, I painted his nightstand and oar with barn red chalk paint. Monday night, I will rough them up a little with a brush & sand paper and coat with Minwax furniture paste! 


Craving... Skinny Buffalo Chicken Strips with Skinny Bleu Cheese Dressing.  The Skinnytaste website has a delicious recipe that we used a few weeks ago. I can't wait to make it again. It sounds so yummy right now.
http://www.skinnytaste.com/2014/01/skinny-buffalo-chicken-strips.html

Wishing... I could help take the pain away... A friend of mine that just lost her husband in an ice fishing accident this past weekend. I can't stop thinking about her and her two small children. I have been part of an online mom's board for 7 1/2 years and the women in this group are my life line. Hearing this news on Saturday morning brought me into a bawling tizzy. I can't stop thinking about her and wish that I could be there for the funeral. This amazing group of women has raised money this week that is hard to fathom. I am so proud to call these women my friends.   This weekend on Instagram, I posted this quote about being there when the women around you need help and it is so true. Please say a prayer if you have a moment for my friend Jennifer.


Watching... My children enjoy the Minnesota Children's museum together! We decided at breakfast on Sunday morning to for-go our list of chores and have a family fun day instead! I am so glad we did!


Laughing... At my hilarious son & his cousins! On Saturday, while the family was making smoked venison from this year's hunting season...the boys decided to make their own fun! They found this old chute in their grandpa's shed to help their sledding go a bit faster! ha


Thankful for... Much needed family time this weekend!  We enjoyed playing with the kids at the MN Children's museum & then having a delicious lunch and dessert at Cossetta's in St Paul, Minnesota. If you ever have a chance to eat there, Do it!

Happy Monday, I hope you will join me!

CURRENTLY LINK-UP RULES
1. Link your Currently post below! **Unrelated posts will be deleted**
2. Link back to this site so others can join on this adventure with us. You can grab the button below:
3. The link up starts on Mondays, but you can join any day of the week!

4. THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE OF ALL!! We are each here to encourage each other and make new friends. Please comment on at least one other Currently post.

5. Each week, I will be highlighting a blogger on my Currently post! I think this will be a great way for others to get to know one of our fellow bloggers and share the love! 

Here’s the template for you to copy and paste and do a post as well — link up with us below!
Thinking about...
Craving...
Wishing...
Watching...
Laughing...
Thankful for…



Link up your Currently post to this post, so we can find out what is going on in everyone’s world.

4 comments :

  1. Darn it. I already posted today. I will try to do this this week!! http://sweetmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Becky... so sorry to hear about your friend Jennifer and that she lost her husband from an accident. I will definitely add her to my prayer list. How horrible :( I feel for her, that must be quite a shock and to mother two boys and grieve must be extremely draining. I too have a moms group, I actually text 3 girls from it (we broke off and formed our own texting group!) that I've known since before Nathan was born! It is so nice to have friends like that. Thanks for having this link up. I am excited to see how your sons nightstand and oar turn out with the chalk paint. I have been wanting to try chalk paint for awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All linked up!! Thanks for hosting

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you guys had a blast at the museum! And those chicken strips look amazing! I am so sorry for your friend, I can't even imagine what she is going through but I am definitely praying for her and her family!
    Xoxo Amber

    ReplyDelete

09 10